Gran Vista, Cala D'Or, Majorca
An effortlessly elegant and secluded Majorcan residence.
50 minutes - Palma Airport
Privacy, prestige and unashamed luxury make for a truly exclusive hideaway.
Gran Vista is only minutes away from some of the most beautiful and romantic coves on the island, and only two miles from the chic shops and restaurants of Cala d'Or.
The extensive and graceful house is set in its own private estate, designed with an emphasis on light and space and replete with pretty architectural features, both inside and out, which pick up on the traditional Majorcan building style.
The property enjoys large landscaped gardens filled with apricot, fig, almond, pomegranate and quince trees. Members and their guests will enjoy the outdoor dining terrace covered by beautiful pink bougainvillea and the magnificent pool fringed with palm trees that looks spectacular when lit up at night.
Majorca is the largest of the four Balearic Islands off the east coast of mainland Spain. Enjoying warm summers and mild winters, the island is a popular destination all year round.
Gran Vista is situated in one of the most exclusive and expensive parts of the island, just outside the village of Calonge, which has its own Michelin-rated restaurant. All along this part of the coast there are wonderful white beaches, little fishing ports and historic villages to explore.
As you'd expect the local fish and seafood are particularly special, but you can also try the grimalt cheeses, cocarrois pasties, pa'amb oli bread, and the local paella made with noodles. And for breakfast do sample an ensaimada, the sweet spiral buns that are so difficult to make anywhere else that visitors take them home by the boxful.
Cala d'Or has grown from a small fishing village into an attractive modern resort with cafés, restaurants, boutiques and the prestigious Club Nautico marina. The town still keeps much of its original charm and many visitors enjoy the more relaxed pace of life here, sipping coffee whilst watching the boats in the marina and taking a gentle stroll through the local boutiques and markets.
If you're looking for something more active then there is an abundance of beach water sports available as well as a fabulous golf course at Val d'Or and a nature park at Mondrago.
- Four bedrooms, sleeping nine guests
- Three bedrooms in the main house
- Separate self-contained 'Casita' with its own bedroom and lounge area with sofa bed and kitchenette
- Air conditioning
- Central heating throughout, including under floor heating throughout the ground floor
- Large landscaped gardens and sun terraces
- Outdoor kitchen with a stone covered barbecue area and traditional pizza oven
- 10m x 5m pool with shower
- Cedarwood sauna
- Gated property
- Internal Area 470 square metres
- Grounds 12,000 square metres
- Top-class audio-visual equipment, including flat screen TV and DVD player, Bose and iPod music system, an extensive collection of music and Nintendo Wii games consoles
- A DVD film library, paperback library, and a selection of toys and games for young children
- Laptop, printer and wi-fi internet
- High quality bed linen
- Luxury towels, pool towels and bathrobes
- A selection of luxury toiletries
- A plentiful supply of kitchen essentials
- Baby cots, highchairs and Safety Turtle pool alarm system