La Retraite, Provence, France
An imposing stone villa in the heart of an area famous for the jasmine, roses, orange trees and violets it grows for the perfumeries of Grasse.
40 minutes - Nice Airport
90 minutes - Toulon Airport
La Retraite is everyone's ideal of a magical life in Provençe.
Picturesque Provençal villages all around, from the winding streets of ancient Biot, to Mougins with its dazzling hill-top view of the whole Bay of Cannes.
Terraced and wilderness gardens with cherry and olive trees, a huge pool, and a traditional Provençal outdoor kitchen with its own wood-burning oven.
The thrills and temptations of St Tropez, Cannes and Monaco on the coast; the colours and scents of the Provençal landscape inland.
Fields of lavender and yellow sunflowers, blue skies and bluer seas. This area of Provençe has inspired generations of artists, and drawn famous visitors from Picasso to Winston Churchill, Christian Dior to Catherine Deneuve.
Picturesque and ancient villages to explore, stunning views from the hill top village of Cabris. Visit Biot, famous for its glass and also the lovely village of Valbonne. You can eat bouillabaisse in some of France's finest restaurants, and shop in tiny local markets selling local specialities like olives, zucchini, lemons, and black truffles.
The Cannes film festival is the most famous yearly event, but there are dozens of other celebrations, performances and exhibitions going on up and down the coast all year round, and famous art collections like the Picasso museum at Antibes Juan-les-Pins.
- Four bedrooms, sleeping eight, one with a private balcony, and one with direct access to the ground floor terraces
- Two en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom
- Mature gardens with olive trees, pergola and sun terraces
- Wilderness garden
- 10m x 5m swimming pool with pool house, shower and cloakroom
- Gated property
- Separate play room with table tennis
- Internal area 225 sq m
- External area 6,000 square metres
- Top-class audio-visual equipment, including flat screen TV and DVD player, Bose and iPod music system, an extensive collection of music and Nintendo Wii games consoles
- A DVD film library, paperback library, and a selection of toys and games for young children
- Laptop, printer and wi-fi internet
- High quality bed linen
- Luxury towels, pool towels and bathrobes
- A selection of luxury toiletries
- A plentiful supply of kitchen essentials
- Baby cots, highchairs and Safety Turtle pool alarm system