Summer Sicilian Salad
29th July, 2019
2 large oranges (Navel or blood oranges preferably)
1 large fennel bulb, halved lengthwise, cored and very thinly sliced
1/2 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
16 small fresh mint leaves, torn in half
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
20 black olives
1. Peel the oranges and segment.
2. Toss the orange segments, fennel, onion, mint and oil in a large bowl.
3. Season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer salad to platter, garnish with olives and serve immediately.
5. Pour a large glass of white wine and buon appetito!#
One of The Hideaways Club's residencies, The Old Mill, still cultivates and harvests olives yearly to create an extra virgin olive oil made from the Nocellera dell'Etna and Moresca varieties. Read more about the organic production here.