Own your best life
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union (including Gibraltar) and we are responsible as 'controller' of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
It would be helpful to start by explaining some key terms used in this policy:
We, us, our: The Hideaways Club Limited, a limited liability corporation incorporated in Gibraltar with registered number 96671 with registered office at 57/63 Line Wall Road Gibraltar and our group companies
Our data privacy manager: Karl Barabich, KarlBarabich@thehideawaysclub.com
Personal information: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual
Special category personal information:
Personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership
Genetic and biometric data
Data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
• your title, name and contact information, including address, email address and telephone number and company details
• Information to enable us to check and verify your identity, eg your date of birth
• your gender information, if you choose to give this to us
• your billing information, transaction and payment card information and bank account details
• your personal or professional interests
• information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you
• Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systemsyour responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
This personal information is required to provide products AND/OR services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing products AND/OR services to you.
We collect most of this personal information directly from you-from information provided by you in membership agreement, in person, by post, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website (https://www.thehideawaysclub.com). However, we may also collect information:
• from publicly accessible sources, eg Companies House or HM Land Registry;
• directly from a third party, eg:
- sanctions screening providers;
- credit reference agencies;
- customer due diligence providers;
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, eg:
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
• for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
• where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
To provide products AND/OR services to you:
To prevent and detect fraud against you:
Conducting checks to identify our customers and verify their identity:
Screening for financial and other sanctions or embargoes:
Other processing necessary to comply with professional, legal and regulatory obligations that apply to our business, eg under health and safety regulation or rules issued by our professional regulator:
Gathering and providing information required by or relating to audits, enquiries or investigations by regulatory bodies:
Operational reasons, such as improving efficiency, training and quality control:
Statistical analysis to help us manage our business, eg in relation to our financial performance, customer base, product range or other efficiency measures:
Preventing unauthorised access and modifications to systems:
Updating and enhancing customer records:
Ensuring safe working practices, staff administration and assessments:
Credit reference checks via external reference agencies:
The above do not apply to special category personal information, which we will only process with your explicit consent.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products AND/OR services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products AND/OR services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above 'How and why we use your personal information'). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell OR share it with other organisations outside The Hideaways Group of Companies for marketing purposes.
The Hideaways Group of Companies means each of The Hideaways Club Limited, The Hideaway Club (UK) Limited and The Hideaways Club Property Company Limited and The Hideaways Club City Collection Property Company Limited. Please click here for further details.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
contacting us at
4b College Lane, Gibraltar
• using the 'unsubscribe' link in emails or 'STOP' number in texts
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products AND/OR services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
We routinely share personal information with:
• companies within The Hideaways Group of Companies
• third parties we use to help deliver our products AND/OR services to you, eg personal concierges, local concierges, payment service providers, and delivery companies;
• other third parties we use to help us run our business, eg marketing agencies or website hosts;
• third parties approved by you, eg social media sites you choose to link your account to or third party payment providers;
• our Banks;
• our Auditors
• Our Legal Advisors
• Our service providers in respect of properties booked through our website inside or outside of the EEA.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you. We may also share personal information with external auditors.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above (see above: 'Who we share your personal information with').
Some of these third parties may be based outside the European Economic Area, for example our local service providers (e.g. personal concierges and local concierges) who help us provide services in respect of properties located outside of the EEA. For more information, including on how we safeguard your personal information when this occurs, see below: 'Transferring your personal information out of the EEA'.
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or we are providing products AND/OR services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
• to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
• to show that we treated you fairly;
• to keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. Generally we keep basic information about our customers or members for six years after they cease being customers or members.
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), eg:
• where you have made a booking in respect of a property which is outside of the EEA, in which case we need to send your details outside of the EEA in order to perform our contract with you
• with your and our service providers located outside the EEA;
• if you are based outside the EEA;
• where there is an international dimension to the services we are providing to you.
These transfers are subject to special rules under European data protection laws.
The following countries to which we may transfer personal information have been assessed by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal information: Andorra, Argentina, Canada (commercial organisations), Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, Switzerland, Uruguay and the US (limited to the Privacy Shield framework).
Except for the countries listed above, non-EEA countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with data protection law and all personal information will be secure.
If you would like further information please contact our Data Privacy Manager (see 'How to contact us' below).
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
To be forgotten
Restriction of processing
-at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
-in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or visit the website of our Supervisory Authority for data protection, the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority under the section "Guidance for the General Protection Regulation" http://www.gra.gi/data-protection/general-data-protection-regulation
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to us OR our Data Protection Officer-see below: 'How to contact us'; and
• let us have enough information to identify you (eg your full name, address and customer or matter reference number);
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
• let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We hope that our Data Privacy Manager can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in Gibraltar is the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority. Their contact details are as follows:
Gibraltar Regulatory Authority,
2nd floor, Eurotowers 4, 1 Europort Road, Gibraltar.
(+350) 20074636 (+350) 20072166 email@example.com
This privacy notice was published on 17 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time-when we do we will inform you via email.
Our contact details are shown below:
Our contact details
4b College Lane, Gibraltar