The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences (HotelSwaps)
The Athenaeum is a historic building with an interesting story not confined to hotels. It started as an extravagant private mansion called the Hope House in 1850, before it was converted into a private art gallery. The Hope House then became a gentlemen's club during the Victorian era before it was again transformed into an art-deco apartment building in the 1930's.
There is a fitness center and a spa that offers all kinds of treatments and packages. With Hyde Park, Green Park, and St. James's Park all within walking distance, guests wanting to take a stroll or go for a bike ride have plenty of options.
How to book
- Register as a HotelSwaps Guest Member. Make sure to write "THC" in "How did you hear about us?".
- Find the hotel and time you would like to book and check the number of HotelCoins required.
- Contact your Personal Concierge to convert your City Nights or Classic Points to HotelCoins and these will be transferred to your personal guest account on HotelSwaps.
- Complete your reservation on the HotelSwaps website.
- If your dates are not immediately available at your preferred hotel, please send them a reservation request. Hotels usually respond within 2-3 working days however in some cases it may take up to 7 days.
For further information, please click here.
The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences in Mayfair, just opposite Green Park, is one of London’s only remaining family-run five-star hotels. An independent spirit is therefore present throughout every aspect of the hotel’s operations. It was recently fully renovated, reinventing itself as a casual luxury hotel with modern design elements and contemporary furnishings. The hotel's restaurant, The Galvin at the Athenaeum, is the brainchild of two brothers and Michelin-starred chefs, Chris and Jeff Galvin. The restaurant offers homegrown British produce in an effort to support local farmers and take a refreshing step away from classical French cuisine in favor of British classics. The Athenaeum's bar is known for its famous whiskey collection but also features signature cocktails that make it a destination in its own right.
- City Collection
- Partner property
- 1 Bedrooms / Sleeps 2
- Transfer: FROM HEATHROW AIRPORT - 45 MINUTES
- Great For: City Break
- One bedroom with Wifi and air conditioning
- Spa, fitness centre and restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin