A honey-hued stone villa set just outside the village of Le Rouret, La Retraite is a traditional Provençal mas with stylish modern interiors. Surrounded by beautiful villages, from ancient Bot and its winding streets to Mougins with its dazzling hilltop view of the bay of Cannes, the villa is also an excellent base from which to explore neighbouring St-Tropez, Cannes and Monaco.
The villa's own 6,000 square metres of grounds include terraced gardens filled with lavender and other flowering Mediterranean shrubs, as well as a garden planted with cherry and olive trees.
The large pool and deck area has sweeping views over the wooded valley. There's a poolside dining table and a pretty pergola - perfect both during the day and, later, for watching the sunset.
Please note that access to the villa and the pool area is via a series of steps. As such, this property is not recommended for those with limited mobility.
- Classic Collection
- Owned property
- 4 Bedrooms / Sleeps 8
- Transfer: From Nice Airport - 40 minutes
From Toulon Airport - 90 minutes
- Great For: Country Retreat / Golf
- Beautifully restored Provençal style stone Villa, situated in a secluded and rural location next to extensive woodland
- Terraced and wilderness gardens with cherry and olive trees, sun terraces and wooden pergola Authentic Provençal outdoor kitchen
- One bedroom has a private balcony and one has direct access to the ground ﬂoor terraces
- Living room with traditional stone ﬁreplace
- One family bathroom and two en-suite shower rooms
- Audio-visual equipment, including Flat screen TV, DVD player, music system and PlayStation 4 game console
- Tablet, printer and Local Internet
- Heated swimming pool with pool house, shower and cloakroom
- Gated property
- External lighting to the terraces and pool
- Molton Brown amenities
Lower Ground Floor
The village of Le Rouret lies in the Alpes-Maritimes, 350m above the Côte d'Azur. Though it has a population of little more than 4,000 inhabitants, this is nonetheless a thriving village, with a bakery, new daily farmers' market, delicatessen, supermarket, petrol station, and even a Michelin-starred restaurant.